Called to the Bar in 2002
Katherine practises in all areas of family law, undertaking work in public law proceedings, private law proceedings and applications following relationship breakdown (matrimonial/civil partnership and cohabitee).
Katherine has experience in acting in ancillary relief. She has acted in proceedings involving third party interests and in applications brought pursuant to TOLATA. She has acted in applications pursuant to Sch. 1 Children Act and before the CMEC appeal tribunal. She has experience in providing advice and representation at all stages of litigation.
In private law children cases, Katherine is instructed to appear in cases involving complex elements and has experience in acting for the child in such applications. Katherine has experience in acting in cases regarding permanent and temporary removal from the jurisdiction. Recent cases have included:
- Acting on behalf of the third party in proceedings relating to disposition of assets, being shares in the family company
- Acting on behalf of the wife in proceedings where the husband was sent to prison for contempt of court in relation to disposition of assets
- Acting on behalf of the wife in proceedings where it was argued by the husband that the matrimonial assets should be settled on a trust for the benefit of the minor children of the family
- Acting on behalf of a high net wealth father in a Schedule 1 Children Act application
- Acting on behalf of the mother in proceedings before the CMEC appeal tribunal where it was alleged that the father had undisclosed sources of income
Katherine is a member of the Family Law Bar Association, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and Institute of Family Law Arbitrators (IFLA) - Family Dispute Resolution Facilitator and Arbitrator.
Find out more about Family and Children Arbitration
Get in touch for a free, no obligation discussion about how arbitration can be a quick, cost effective and confidential way of resolving disputes, including options to deal with cases remotely by video conference.